Symposium: War in the 5th Domain: Cyber Strategy in the West
Denmark is about to adopt its first cyber strategy and both NATO and the EU have developed cyber strategies. Leading scholars and strategists from the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, and Denmark will discuss these developments in the context of the cyber domain, how Western militaries have conceived of it, and the types of strategies that they are devising to deal with it.
It will be held at the Royal Danish Defence College in Copenhagen. The symposium is sponsored by the Centre for Military Studies at the University of Copenhagen and the Danish Atlantic Treaty Association. Please register by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone @ +45-3927-1944. Participation is free of charge.
- 09.00-09.15: Coffee and registration
- 09.15-09.30: The Cyber Domain
- Senior Researcher Dr. Gary Schaub Jr. (Centre for Military Studies)
- 09.30-10.00: Cold War, Cool War, or Code War?
- Professor Christopher Coker (London School of Economics)
- 10.00-11.00: American Approaches
- Mr. Martin Libicki (RAND)
- Dr. Peter Dombrowski (Naval War College)
- 11.00-11-15: Coffee Break
- 11.15-12.15: European Approaches
- Verena Diersch (University of Cologne)
- Simon Ruhnke (University of Cologne)
- Michael Hansel (University of Giessen)
- 12.15-12.30: Concluding Remarks
- Secretary-General Troels Frøling (Danish Atlantic Treaty Association)